Super Quick and Easy Home Baked MeringueThe perfect addition to a home made Eton mess this summer
- 1 Tray Lined
- 1 stand mixer/electric hand whisk whisk attachment
- Piping Bag and Nozzle
- 65 grams Egg whites (2 Medium egg whites)
- 200 grams Caster sugar
- 1 tsp flavouring optional
- Start by pre heating your oven to 100 degrees, next making sure your mixing bowl is super clean, i like to use kitchen roll to ensure there is no water and the bowl is completely clean and dry
- Add your egg whites to the mixing bowl65 grams Egg whites
- In a seperate bowl weigh out your sugar, your going to add this gradually to the egg whites200 grams Caster sugar
- Start on a medium speed and whisk the egg whites until foamy
- Next i start adding in one tablespoon of sugar at a time to the egg whites and they will start to thicken, do this until all the sugar is mixed into the egg whites.You can now add your desired flavouring (optional) i didnt on this occasion as i didnt want my kisses to slightly change colour from the vanilla.1 tsp flavouring
- When your mix is smooth and glossy, fit your nozzle into a piping bag and fill your bag, squeeze all the way to the end and turn the bag a few times so the top is secured and no meringue will seep out.
- Grab your lined baking tray and start piping, for meringue kisses you want to do a firm squeeze, stop squeezing and lift up. not applying to much pressure. its super easy when you get the hang of it
- Try to keep them all uniform as this will help when baking, evenly space them out so they dont touch.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- And Voila, baked to perfection, leave to cool I do this on the tray as I like to keep them on the baking paper until they are cool before peeling them off. And lastly - enjoy!!🌟
Little tip - My nozzle is a 9Ft TumTanm which you can find on my amazon shop! Another little tip - Add food colouring for colourful kisses dont use oil based colouring as this will react with the eggs. I like to use Gel colouring such as coloursplash! Chewey Deliciousness, Enjoy x Please visit my Instagram page for video tutorials